Royer Labs was formed in 1998 to bring David Royer’s unique, modern ribbon microphone designs to the world. When we first opened our doors, ribbon mics had been largely forgotten, but the R-121 and SF-12 quickly captured the imagination of recording enthusiasts around the world. This new generation of ribbon microphones proved to be a perfect match to the rise in popularity of digital recording, as engineers rediscovered the warmth, analog feel and smooth sound of ribbons. Today, Royers are found in studios and on live stages around the world.
Royer Labs Mission Statement
Royer Labs mission is to bring the uniquely natural sound qualities of ribbon microphones to the world.
- We believe in better microphones for better music.
- Our path is constant reinvention and innovation in ribbon microphone technology.
- Our goal is to impart warmth, realism and musicality into the digital recording process.
- Our place is in every quality recording environment, from home workstations and world class studios to the concert stage.
- We hold ourselves to the highest possible standards of workmanship, to provide engineers with the worlds finest and most durable ribbon microphones.
Every person at Royer Labs is here to provide outstanding customer service, at all times and at all levels.
Be sure to also check Royer Labs Youtube Channel for product reviews and new releases here: https://www.youtube.com/user/royerlabs